TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Coding for IRE muds (Achaea) and GMCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Coding for IRE muds (Achaea) and GMCP Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone uses tintin++ for IRE muds. I'm most comfortable with tintin++ from other muds, but compared to the Nexus client and Mudlet, there doesn't seem to be any easy way to get the IRE maps into tintin++. I read a post about using the mapper to make your own maps for IRE muds, but that seems unnecessary when the maps are already provided by the game.

I couldn't find many posts about how to use GMCP with tintin++ either, which seems like a big part of coding for IRE muds. The only post I found was again related to the auto mapper. Is anyone familiar with these two concepts and have an opinion?

Coding against GMCP data in particular seems important, while the maps might not be necessary if you configure the map to display in game. I saw another post about how to capture that in split, which provides a fairly comparable effect to the mapper in other clients. I'm still struggling to understand GMCP in tintin++, though. Is anyone aware of a resource for figuring this out?

The only useful bits I've found is the help file for Events, and this thread about the automapper:

http://tintin.sourceforge.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=1248

but I'm having some trouble understanding what's going on in the code here. Also, that post is 6 years old now, so I'm not even sure if it's relevant anymore. Is GMCP mostly unsupported in tintin++?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GMCP implementation in TinTin++ is complete.

This script might be of some help.

https://github.com/theixle/aardwolf-tintin/blob/master/gmcp.tin

This is the reference for GMCP stuff Achaea supports.

http://www.achaea.com/local/Achaea_GMCP_Spec_20140311.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: