TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

tintin in windows 10 bash shell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vortex13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: tintin in windows 10 bash shell Reply with quote

I was pretty excited when windows 10 included the ubuntu bash shell. I thought it would be cool to install tintin directly within the built in bash shell. I manged to get it installed and running and thought it was super cool. However, I can't get the #SPLIT to work correctly. When I #SPLIT the screen it messes up the text at the bottom of the window.

When i have the windows bash shell open I can start up sshd and use my normal ssh client to login. When I run tintin through my ssh client #SPLIT works great. So it is something with the windows bash shell. Anyone have any ideas?
PowerGod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows console suck... they just added "bash" for compiling linux things, not to actually use them...

On Windows, Cygwin is still the best choice (if you don't want to use a VM)
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to use Mintty with the windows bash shell using the wslbridge program.

I put together an installer to easily install the necessary components, got it described here:

http://tintin.sourceforge.net/install.php#Windows10
PowerGod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
It's possible to use Mintty with the windows bash shell

And is it worthy ? Maybe faster than Cygwin ?

By the way, welcome back Big Smile
vortex13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked! Thanks. Most of the people I help are not able to install a Linux VM, and now I can give them easy to follow instructions to get them up and running.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: