TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Issues with custom engine MUD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerGod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Issues with custom engine MUD Reply with quote

I'm trying to use tt++ with this mud "neonecronomicon.it 8010", it was written totally from scratch, not based on any existing engine.

These are the issue I'm finding, and I hope there's a way to fix them:

1) The command history doesn't work, or at least seems not mapped to the arrow keys, when I press them I just see their codes ([A[B) appear over the #SPLIT line... (by the way nothing appear on the split line, everything I write appear above it...)

I tried to remap them using the #cursor command, but nothing seems to happen when I press it
Code:

#MACRO {\e[A} {#cursor {HISTORY PREV}}

With a RAW log of a play session I don't see any special characters or color codes used, seems just plain text

2) Sometimes after the prompt (that is just a ">") everything i write appears over the split line one character at a time (just one char substituted in place by the next one pressed, the first one substitutes the prompt char)

3) Directions are not recognized (n,s,e,etc...) even if I mapped them
Code:

#PATHDIR {n}    {s}    {1}

I also tried to make an alias for them to update the map, but still nothing happens when I use them...
Code:

#alias {n} {#map move n}

If instead I make a macro like this, it is working and the map recognizes the movement
Code:

#macro {[1;5A} {#send {n}}

4) I'm not sure it this is related only to this MUD, but loading with #read this script doesn't start "#map flag vtmap", I have to do it by hand after the script, but all the other commands seems working, the map is loaded and the starting room is set (I tried also delaying it)

Code:

#map read necro.map
#delay {themap}
{
        #nop DOESN'T WORK O_o ;
        #echo {SETTING MAP};
        #map goto 1;
        #map flag vtmap;
} {10}

EDIT:

About the 4) point I found out that using "#map flag vtmap on" works... seems like it is considered "on" at the start, but it's not (at least the map is not visible), so lauching the command at the beginning without a value just puts the flag "off"
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the mud is enabling character mode.

Try:

#cursor echo on

That should fix several problems.

Possible the mud also uses some VT100 codes that screw up tintin's split mode, little that can be done about that, other than filtering them out with substitutions.

The vtmap flag should be saved when you save the map. Not sure why it's not working.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, "#cursor echo on" made the client responsive, and seems like all the things are just working, even the split line !!

I have found only 2 issues:

1) All the "#cursor echo on" instructions in the starting script are not working (even the one in the #EVENT), except for one, the #DELAYed one... is this normal ? or maybe an issue caused by the mud ?
Code:

#event {SESSION CONNECTED}
{
   #cursor {ECHO ON};
}

#cursor {ECHO ON};

#session necro neonecronomicon.it 8010

#cursor {ECHO ON};

#prompt {~^>%*} {>}

#split 20 1

#delay 6 {#cursor {echo on};#echo {ECHO NOW WORKS Ecstatic}}

#cursor {ECHO ON};

2) every command I send to the mud is showed twice (maybe that's what the "echo" is for), so, is there a simple way to hide one of the two ?

Thanks

EDIT:

about the 2) I just found a solution Big Smile "#config {command echo} OFF"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: