TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Map questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneor11

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Map questions Reply with quote

Hello again everyone. I am ready to start configuring maps in TinTin. However, after reading the help files and search the forums diligently, I am unable to figure out how to the do the following to meet my requirements:

1. Display exit stubs for rooms I haven't visited yet. For instance, if I go 'n' TinTin correctly adds a north room and places me in it on the map but it doesn't display the exit stubs for that room. Let's say the room I entered has 'e' and 'w' exits. I would like the map to show '--' on each side to indicate there's an exit, but I haven't visited it yet. At the moment I cannot see what exits on a map I haven't explored yet.

2. I would like to divide my mud world into zones, each with a map as opposed to just one huge map. I can't figure out how to link the maps together.

3. Ideally I would like to populate the room descriptions and such automatically upon entering.

Any help you can provide, particularly with #1 and #2 above, would be greatly appreciated.
dorian

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad 1. this may be good idea for future versions, i have little shorthand that creates room on availiable direction is there is none

Code:

#alias dd {
   #foreach {$room[exits][]} {e} {
      #sh $ddirs[$room[exits][$e]];
      #map dig {$ddirs[$room[exits][$e]]};
   }
}

Ad 2. this can be done in event but you have to script all exits and enters ponits on some MAP ENTER ROOM events. at the end i leave that idea and im using one big map, because of searching purpose

Ad 3 that easy one, hrab description from some action and populate it on MAP ENTER ROOM event is there is none
PowerGod

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You could use something like this:
Code:

#alias stubs
{
    #map get {roomvnum} {startroom};
    #foreach {%1} {cnt}
    {
        #map move {$cnt};
        #map roomflag void;
        #map goto {$startroom}
     }
}

Used like this:
Code:

stubs e;s

This will create VOID rooms in the directions given, so you can see something like this:

Code:

[ ] -- *
   |
   |

This is a really simple example, it works only with normal directional exits, and also it's up to you to remove the void flag once you actually explore those rooms...
You can maybe identify those "automatically-voided" rooms by putting some other custom flag in the roomdata for example...

2) as dorian said, it's tricky, and makes almost impossible to use paths, and from personal experience, loading a map while you are actually in a map require also a delay to be used to evade a crash... this client was just not meant for that
Anyway, if you like the challenge, there are some threads in this forum with people who came really near to obtain that... but as far as I know, everyone left that path at some point...

3) This could be tricky or not, all depends on how the MUD you are using is working.

As dorian said you can put this automations in the events.

For example, if every room has the title yellow, followed by room descriptions and then the exits in another color, you can make actions triggered by those colors.

EDIT:
found one of the threads about multiple maps linked together
http://tintin.sourceforge.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=2300&highlight=delay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: