TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Prevent all commands from being sent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Prevent all commands from being sent Reply with quote

I would like to create an alias or macro that would prevent all commands from being sent to the MUD.

In other words, once I execute this alias/macro, if I typed "kill orc" (without the quotes), it would not send that to the mud. Ideally, I could set it up to instead do a "#showme" saying "Command Gagged: Text of the command". I'm not looking to stop specific strings, but all text being sent to the MUD.

I had this set up in TinyFugue using a send hook with a wildcard pattern. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything that would work. This is one of the items I need to get figured out for me to have everything switched over to TinTin++.

Thanks in advance.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following should do the trick:

#alias {%0} {#showme Command Gagged: %0}

tintin commands will still work.
apog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked like a charm. I even got the expanded output of aliases by running it at priority 6.

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: