TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

automated bot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybersaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: automated bot Reply with quote

Hi there, have been a long time mudder and programmer, have used zmud but am intrigued to have found a command line mud client that seems to have such potential. My question being unfamiliar to tintin so far, is if there's any way to create an instance of tt++ running in linux with pre-loaded variables, aliases, triggers, etc without it having to open up. I guess to clarify, I'm trying to make a bot that will respond to certain triggers an patterns in text with certain actions, but not requiring tintin to actively be open (in unix like executing ./mozilla &, mozilla opens in the background, leaving the command line open to do whatever). I'm trying to set up a bot that will auto-practice skills, but my only accessible box is my work linux box, which i cannot access except through VPN. I don't want to leave VPN connections up indefinitely, so I'm trying to just at most VPN in, log into my box, ./tt++ character.tin (some variation of &), and then log off with an instance of a tintin bot spawned. Is this anything feasible or am I just grasping for straws here?

Oh something much simpler, is there an equivalent in tintin to how zmud keeps your last command queued so when you press enter again it sends the same thing to the mud? It's annoying trying to run through the map being chased by people having to type a direction then enter as opposed to spamming enter. Thanks a bunch!
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would want to use screen.

Type screen (assuming the program is installed), then start up tintin the normal way, and press ctrl-a d to detach the session. Use screen -R to re-attach the session.

To enable repeating with enter use: #config {repeat enter} on
cybersaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah thanks, I never knew about screen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: