TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Mud txt not showing..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rakasha681

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Mud txt not showing.. Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but more than likely its something i screwed up somewhere, since it was working fine, and then i noticed it wasnt at some point.

Sometimes, mud text from a command doesnt show, until more mud text is recieved.

Like, if im logged into my favorit MUD, and type "look", it just sits there, until another line is rec'd from the mud, or i send another command that sends more output back. like if i do: look;sit it will show the output from the mud for the look and the sit, but not the look by sitself.

its wierd, while its not displaying anything in the mudoutput, anything that would have been displayed, triggers whatever actions it normally would, like if im fighting, and do a look, and nothing comes back, my tail -f combat.log is still scrolling, and when i do sit or whatever, the output from the look finally shows up. Its like its getting stuck in a buffer and not displayed for some reason.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, does it happen without any scripts loaded?

The only thing I can think of that could cause this is the #config {packet patch} setting, but that would only interfere with prompts. If that's the problem however check if there is a GO AHEAD config option or set the packet patch value to 0.
rakasha681

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does it with or without any scripts loaded, and its not consistent, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesnt. The MUD doesnt use go ahead, but i have my prompt set with a carriage return at the end, and the MUD sends a blank line before the prompt also. I use #split 10 1 most of the time with the mapper up, and the prompt is gagged, as well as empty lines(^^). Packet patch is set to 0. Using the "group" command on my mud, this is what i get:

gr
Following Rakasha [hitpnts] [ magic ] [mst] [mvs] [race] [to lvl]
[38 S Cle] Rakasha 601/601 555/555 === 515 drow 3266996
gr
--<at this point, it sits there stalled, first 3 times i hit gr it worked, 4th it stalled, waited about 10 seconds then hit look, the second i hit look, the output from gr showed up, allong with the command echo of "l" and the output of look. If i hit "gr" repeatedly, 1 out of probably 4 or 5 dont return until something else is rec'd>--
Following Rakasha [hitpnts] [ magic ] [mst] [mvs] [race] [to lvl]
[38 S Cle] Rakasha 601/601 555/555 === 515 drow 3266996
l
Intersection of Vertic Avenue and Market Street
You stand at the intersection of Vertic Avenue and Market Street. The
intersection bustles with activity as citizens go about their business.
To the east and west runs Market Street, lined with the exotic shops of
Darkhaven, while Vertic Avenue lies to the north and south.
Exits: north east south west

I'm stumped, its not too bad of a problem, since actions are still being parsed and whatnot, but just kinda annoying Wink
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty weird. If you give me the addy of the mud I'll have a look at it, I haven't been able to reproduce the behavior myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: