TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

New TinTin user getting strange error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: New TinTin user getting strange error. Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Im relatively new to TinTin, just trying it out. I had it going for a few days and it ran pretty good and I really liked it, but I am getting this odd error now when I try logging on.

I am getting a separate window pop up when I go to use it and it says

PuTTY fatal error.
failed to allocate pseudoterminal.

Uh, whats that and how do I fix it? thanks in advance for any advice.

The Newb
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that error before.

It might be caused by tintin crashing, version 1.99.1 isn't very stable, so upgrading to 1.99.2 could help.

Does it happen when you run wintin++ without any scripts loaded?
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the newest version. I even tried to uninstall and re-install it with no luck. What I get is the normal window pop up that you are trying to run it with, but it is titled Cygterm-PuTTY.

Then before it can run, a separate window pops up titled PuTTY failed error. Inside the box it says "Failed to allocate pseudoterminal". When I click ok on that box, it just goes to the black screen TinTin is suppose to run off but it says PuTTY (inactive) at the top. I am running on Vista. Hopefully this info is a little better information for you to diagnose.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, you could try running it with administrative rights, but I doubt that'd change much.

What you can try is going to c:\program files\wintin++, then double click cygterm.exe. That should open cygterm's connection manager. Click the Cygterm radio butten, and enter in the Host Name field: bin/tt++

Another possible cause is that you have Cygwin installed and / or are running some other program using that cygwin dll. In that case you can only run either program, unless you update them to use the same dll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: