TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Problems with the Windows client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Problems with the Windows client Reply with quote

A friend has been having problems setting up the Windows version of client on his Danish Windows XP Pro box. It installs, but when he tries to run the software the terminal window flashes briefly, then goes away. When he accesses task manager, terminal.exe is running as a process using 97% CPU.

I've set the Windows client up my a few 2K and XP boxes without a problem. Not sure if his running the Danish version of the OS might cause problems with the cygwin software.

He's tried to install the cygwin software, but tells me it froze 98% into the install. Not sure if that's the DL, or the installation process.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone think the problem might be the client, or the terminal program running under cygwin?

Many thanks,
Steve
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I know of is when you have another program running which uses a different version of the cygwin dll. Only a few (likely console) programs do though, so that's unlikely.

Otherwise I have no idea what the problem may be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: